Channeling over 20 years of experience as a performer into features which dig into the people and culture behind the sounds, specialising in dance music but with no genre boundaries.
If I ever catalogue the DJs/musicians I’ve interviewed it’ll come close to cracking the 1000 barrier – but these are the long-form features and leftfield thinkpieces that meant the most.
* Flashback to 2002: Ivan Gough and the first ‘Melbourne Sound’ (Inthemix, April 2014)
* Strawberry Fields: Inside Queensland’s iconic 1994 rave (Inthemix, January 2014)
* The electronic musicians running Australia’s new golden age (Inthemix, January 2014)
* Midnight Oil’s Power and the Passion video (The Music, September 2013)
* Is ‘EDM’ Just A New Form Of MK Ultra Mind Control? (The Music, September 2013)
* Danny Howells – The Humble Selector (Balance Music, September 2013)
* Understanding Kyuss (The Music, February 2013)
* Red Bull Music Academy 2011 in Madrid (Three Issue 4, December 2011)
* Kyuss Lives (The Drum Media 1057, April 26 2011)
* Kana (Time Off 1466, March 10 2010)