The mildly anticipated follow-up to the moderately acclaimed Late Night Swales mix, my tribute to the Late Night Tales compilation series.
Where part one was drawn from music I’ve been listening to my whole life, the sequel you didn’t know we had to have is drawn mainly from 2010/11 with some other bits-and-pieces sprinkled through to help join the dots.
No real theme this time round, though it’s a little more sombre and a little more electronic and (gasp!) there are female artists in the house. And for those keeping score at home, the DNW folder of rejects contains The Weeknd, Damian Lazarus, Kate Bush and Mount Kimbie among many, many more.
So sit back, relax, smoke ’em if you got ’em, and if you’re digging the tunes go buy the albums (says the guy who got nearly all of this music sent to him for nix…)
KRIS-KO – LATE NIGHT SWALES 2
1. Mogwai – White Noise (2011)
2. Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse featuring The Flaming Lips – Revenge (2010)
3. The Stepkids – Legend In My Own Mind (2011)
4. Mark Hollis – The Gift (1998)
5. James Blake – Give Me My Month (2011)
6. Darkness Falls – Paradise Trilogy II (2011)
7. Ratatat – We Can’t Be Stopped (2010)
8. Howling Bells – Setting Sun (Ulrich Schnauss Remix) (2005)
9. Hermitude – Let You Go (2012)
10. Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse featuring Gruff Rhys – Just War (2010)
11. The Beatles – Long Long Long (1968)
12. M83 – Wait (2011)
13. The Atomic Bitchwax – The Local Fuzz 23:15-25:57 (2011)
14. Goldfrapp – Utopia (2000)
15. Britney Spears – Till The World Ends (Hal Incandenza Remix) (2011)